Study opportunities in New Zealand
New Zealand’s educational institutions are well regarded throughout the world. There is a great range of opportunities available to international students here: quality secondary school education, a well established network of English language schools, and internationally respected and recognised tertiary education providers.
Tertiary and vocational qualifications
There are 10 levels of study in New Zealand schools and universities. The lowest level is a certificate and the highest is a doctoral degree. Each level is more complex than the one below it. These are the names of our qualifications and their levels:
- Certificates are levels 1 to 4
- Diplomas are levels 5 and 6
- Bachelors degree, graduate diplomas and certificates are level 7
- Postgraduate diplomas and certificates and bachelors degrees with honours are level 8
- Masters degrees are level 9
- Doctoral degrees are level 10.